Friday, May 13, 2011

BAT IT LIKE KIDS

Yeh dunya hai dil walon ki masti mai something something, I was gob smacked to see my  18 months old nephew dancing crazily on this song during the world cup season, I thought oh boy now he has become like those crick freaks, every time this song or the aman chakka came on TV he pushed and persuaded me to dance with him, every time the sound of cheering came through the TV he used to pose like the umpire and was letting us know through his action that it certainly was an out, but most of the times it was a sixer or a four. Any how than the big game day Indo-Pak match came, the Sindh government announced an off, every body got them selves glued to their couches, females started praying nafils and mannat and all, and not suddenly but we lost, the so cheerful and optimistic tone of people turned in the accusing one, people rushed to the bathroom to take off the greens of their face, expensive franchised team shirts were thrown in to the closet carelessly. I heard people saying oh it was fixed, they could have won that ‘if they had tried’, text messages started to circulate around that how the PM made a deal,  the many the nitty gritty details of the dealings. I may be the rare one to not to get affected all by this but to be very honest I did feel a bit a liiittttllllee bit disappointed, and trust me it was because of the aura around me, don’t blame me. But when a few hours later my crick-o-freak-o- nephew came by, he was still his at his cheery best, his bat his ball his face paint every thing was there, he dint bother about the loss, all inside him was the love for the game, and than it struck me that ‘don’t love how the game is played, love the game that is being played’ and this all was taught me by a knee grass hopper J

No comments:

Post a Comment